District Court New South Wales


The Plaintiff was injured in the course of his employment whilst on a building site in Martin Place. The head contractor had hired the labour services of the Plaintiff. Without warning, the Plaintiff was required to dismantle the gyprock ceiling above him, without scaffolding and/or any other safety equipment required by Occupational Health and Safety laws.

In the course of removing the gyprock ceiling the Plaintiff slipped from a bench, which was formerly a bank bench/teller bench, to the ground suffering physical and head injuries.

The Plaintiff brought proceedings against his employer and the occupier of the premises.

The Plaintiff was successful against the employer and the occupier and significant damages were awarded to the Plaintiff for injury.

The Plaintiff’s proceedings were consolidated pursuant to the Public Liability Act 2002 and the workers compensation legislations.

Section 15D is a requirement that the workers compensation amount be paid and the Judge made findings that there were overlays in respect to future economic loss.

The Judge also made findings that the Defendants, the workers compensation insurer and the occupier, pay the legal costs.

Trusted Legal Advice

With over 30 years of legal expertise, and professional and experienced lawyers on board, Marocchi Law can assist you with a range of legal matters. Our team are by your side when you need legal assistance, working to ensure the best outcome for you.

CALL NOW: 1300 727 266

Latest Articles

Asked Questions

Can We Help?
Your questions, answered.
Check out questions asked by others like you.
Who Can Make a Will?
Anyone over the age of 18, and anyone under the age of 18 who is married or contemplating marriage can make a will as long as they have testamentary capacity. People under 18 who are unmarried, can make a Will with the approval of the Court.
How Much Compensation Will I Receive Through a Personal Injury Claim?
A commonly asked question however the answer isn’t straightforward as it depends on a number of factors around your claim. We recommend you make an appointment with one of our Personal Injury lawyers to discuss your claim.
Do I Need a Lawyer to Help with a Super Claim
If you have what is considered a complex super claim, a specialist lawyer will be able to help you navigate your way through your Super Fund’s T & C’s to ensure you get what you’re entitled to. Every claim is unique, as is the service we provide.
What is Stamp Duty? Will I Need to Pay It?
Stamp duty is a property tax imposed by each State Government and the amount varies from state to state. You are required to pay stamp duty on purchasing a property, however you may also be entitled to some concessions. Talk to one of our experienced Conveyancers to find out more about how stamp duty will affect your overall property purchase and any concessions you might be entitled to.
What Are My Rights if I am Arrested?
If you are arrested, you have the right to phone a lawyer of your choice. You will initially speak to them via the phone, and if retained, they will attend the police station or watch house depending on the time of day and availability. A defence lawyer will ensure that your rights to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty are me, and they can explain the process and your charges to you.

Contact Us


    Level 5, 75 Elizabeth Street Sydney NSW 2000