One of the main reasons why you need legal representation in a personal injury compensation claim, is because the opposing insurance company does not want to pay out claims. They are motivated to do whatever they can to motivate you to settle for an unfair amount. Here are some of the factors that you should be aware of when dealing with the other insurance company.
1. They are not your friend. Some big insurance companies will pretend to be on your side, but you should remember that they are paid to pay out as little as possible.
2. They will do what it takes to delay the process. Insurance companies handle millions of dollars worth of claims. While $100 makes a big difference to you, but by saving that much on a few hundred thousand claims, they increase their bottom line by millions. They invest this money, making massive profits. Meanwhile, you’re paying out of pocket expenses daily, and the longer they tag you along, the more desperate you will become to settle for less than you deserve.
3. They will demand unnecessary information. This is a great way to cause delays. Your personal injury lawyer will tell you that you only need to provide information and medical records relating to body parts injured in the accident. They don’t require your medical records from three years ago, and your latest flu shots have nothing to do with it.
4. They will hide excess insurance. We have seen adjusters hide insurance money in order to pay out the minimum. They will admit to a small amount of insurance, but once the lawsuit is filed, we will find umbrella policies worth millions. A savvy compensation lawyer knows how to follow his or her instincts to find hidden excess policies.
5. They will act like medical experts.
Most insurance adjusters have never spent a day in medical school, but they often have onerous opinions about your medical treatment and your prognosis. They will therefore undervalue your medical bills and refuse to pay what is due.
Don’t wait to be railroaded by insurance adjusters before you turn to an expert compensation lawyer to represent your personal injury claim. Insurance adjusters will try to get you to settle for much less than you need and deserve, by brainwashing you with insurance mumbo- jumbo, rather than advising you on your rights. Don’t sign any agreements or accept any settlement until you have spoken to a personal injury lawyer.